Friday 26 September 2008

Jaimee's Birthday Card

One of my kids had a birthday party to go to recently, and I needed to make a card for her friend.
Here is the card I made. It is a case from other cards I have made, using the same techniques.
You can click on the image for a larger view.

Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black clear stamps "Critter Party";
Fiskars Clear stamps "Put on your party hat"
Inks: Stazon Jet Black, SU! Ballet Blue
Watercolour pencils
Kindyglitz
Techniques:
The clouds were created by cutting out a piece of paper with a scalloped edge and, using it like a mask, sponging from the top of the card to the bottom with the template and the Ballet Blue ink.
The cat was stamped onto a separate piece of white cardstock, coloured in, cut out and then mounted onto the clouds with mouning foam.
I stamped the happy birthday straight onto the card, then traced over the word with my Crystallina Kindyglitz. I also put the KG onto the balloons.

This is always one of my fave ways of making cards - simple but effective and with layers.

Thanks for visiting.
Deanne
xxx

5 comments:

Annie said...

What a beautiful card Deanne! Love the simple but very effective techniques you have used! The receiver should be very chuffed by getting this!

Annie xx

Sandie said...

Great card Deanne.........hey luv the latest photo. One hot mumma

Luv Sandie

Stampabit said...

Cute!! does this one move up and down? Hope you're okay.

Cheers
Jane

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card!!! it's soooo cute... I just love it Deanne :)
BTW love your new photo too - very cool glasses :)
Aga xx

Stamp Right Up said...

I just absolutely LOVE this card!!!! What a fabulous idea. The cutest use of a Penny Black stamp I have ever seen! Thanks for sharing!