Friday 29 August 2008

Inspirational Thoughts & Quotes Book

Good Morning,
Today I am sharing a little book I decorated last night. This is for me to write down inspriational thoughts and quotes that I come across, and also for my friends/family to write things in for me too.

You can click on the images for a larger, clearer view.

Front Cover
Front Cover Detail
Inside Front Cover
Products used (all links will take you to Little Scrapbook Shop):

Front Cover

Basic Grey pp - euphoria "elysian"
Basic Grey clear stamps "swirlie"
Basic Grey clear stamps - "grow-a-garden" (back in stock soon) & acrylic block
Stazon inkpad - Jet Black
Kelly Panacci cardstock stickers "Artsy"
Bling
Black Gel pen
KaiserCraft Acrylic paints - Coastal Blue, Magenta, Pretty Pink, Lime & Mauve
KI Memories Softies "tiny accents" (butterfly)
Dimensional medium
Adhesives - express it tape & pritt power gel
Other: Ribbons from stash, sanding block, A5 sketch pad from $2 shop, clear plastic to protect the cover.

Inside Front Cover
Basic Grey pp - euphoria "bless"
Basic Grey clear stamps - "grow-a-garden" (back in stock soon)
KaiserCraft clear stamps - "Flourish Journals"
Stazon ink pad - Jet black + acrylic block
Black journalling pen
Adhesives - express it tape & pritt power gel
Other: Distressing tool

Techniques used: stamping, freehand doodling, distressing & journalling.
I sanded both sides of the plastic cover of the book to ensure my tape stuck to the surface. It is too slick otherwise and the tape wouldn't hold.
Paint was applied roughly with my finger around the sanded edges of the pp on the front cover. Two coats of DM were applied over the word "art".
The edges of the pp on the inside front cover were distressed with the distressing tool.

Credit for this idea goes to my friend Jo, who wanted to sign my "Celebrate the Little Things" book from retreat. As that particular book is for my own personal stuff, I needed to create a new book for my friends to write in. Thus, this book was created! Thanks Jo, for the inspiration!!!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Love, love, love it Deanne!

Annie said...

What a delightful journal Deanne - so colourful and cheerful! The doodling is fantastic also!

Annie xx

Wirg's Creative World said...

Hi D, this is gorgeous and a great idea. I've been 'procrastinating' again. Still not altered both the new spiral books I've bought. I've 2 nights home with no testosterone in the house, yay, craft desk here I come!
hugs
Wirgie x x

Kirsty said...

that art book is just gorgeous! What a wonderful idea! Great for those middle of the night ideas:-)

'Joyce' said...

hi Dee, just love your journal and wow, you have been busy with cards, they are great. just checked out the post re the ATC pocketful of friends as well, yeah, i have stayed away from your blog, but now i have seen them in the 'flesh' it is safe for me to come back *giggle*. oh i just love you cards, girl. especially 'ewe' cards, very very cute.

Little Miss Lucy said...

Hi Deanne
I just popped over to check out your blog and its amazing. Your so talented and your work is lovely.
I just love love LOVE this album...so gorgeous and such a good idea.

Hope you have a great weekend and i look forward to seeing more of your work.
Lucy :)

Sandie said...

Fantastic Deanne. Lots of funky stuff in this journal. Well done.

Hey you need to jump on over to my blog - I've left you some luv there!!!!

Luv Sandie

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea Deanne!!! love the way you have decorated it - looks gorgeous :)
Aga xx

Lisa said...

Hiya Deanne,
This is absolutely stunning! I love the cover, the colours, the doodling - everything! What a beautiful place to keep treasured thoughts and quotes!
xxx Vanilla